Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Tourmaline Stackers

The universe has aligned in such a way for me to find super-high quality beads for super low prices. I love it when that happens! Call me cheap, but I hate paying full price for anything. When a sale comes up at one of my favorite bead stores, the debit card comes out and I tend to go a little crazy...

I found these incredible tourmaline discs at a very reasonable price. After I made the bracelet, I thought it looked a little lonely on my wrist, so I made a friend for it using Swarovski Elements in khaki, jet and fuchsia. The colors compliment one another perfectly...the set looks like a little slice of watermelon on my arm.

I also got a great deal on these 15/0 Miyuki seed beads. To keep with the watermelon theme, I selected pink and olive AB to coordinate with the tourmaline and Swarovski crystal. This one is still in progress. I am using a simple netting stitch and will finish the bracelet using a little snap on the ends. Once I am finished, I will have a pretty stackable set that will be a fantastic addition to my summer accessory wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment