Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Easy Earrings


I started out my lazy weekend by making two pair of easy-peasy earrings. The pair on the right were simple to make, but it doesn't make them any less beautiful! I've been really into dangly chain earrings lately. When I found these prepackaged sterling silver posts with the chain attached and was eager to use them. I knew I wanted a very simple design, but sometimes the simplest designs are the most difficult to put together. There were so many beads I could have used with these! After considering fire red quartz teardrops and blue opal hexagons, I opted for these beautiful snow white freshwater pearls. I used headpins with a tiny silver bead to give them a bit of extra shine. I am a firm believer that every woman needs a pair of pearl earrings in her jewelry collection and I had that notion in mind when I pieced these together. They would also make a perfect set of bridal earrings!

***

I recently bought these crisp faceted white mother-of-pearl ovals and wanted to put them to good use. For the second pair of earrings I made, I paired the beautiful white MOP with similar, smaller faceted black shell ovals. I love the range of colors in the black shell...when the light hits it just right, you see greens, purples, pinks and blues. These earrings are a great pair of everyday earrings because the color combo is basic and the design is simple. One of my main goals when I make earrings is to ensure that they will go with many different outfits...I think these fit the bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment