Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Tray Runneth Over

Over the last three days, I have finished more projects than I have in the last three weeks...all at the expense of my dearly departed wisdom teeth. I expected to be out of commission for the duration of the weekend, so I made sure to stock up on "couch project" supplies (seen left). I consider a "couch project" to be anything that I can half pay attention to while I watch inane television to dull the pain in my jaw. I use Miyuki beads so much that I could practically stitch them together in my sleep. Therefore, most of my bead store booty consisted of cubes, rounds and Tilas.


This bracelet follows a similar pattern to one of the Tila bracelets I featured in a previous post. I used 4mm matte lilac cubes and surrounded them with matte merlot-colored bugles. I lined the large cubes and bugles with 1.8mm matte iris cubes. To finish the bracelet, I used the square stitch for the toggle....easy as pie!

In addition to this project, I finished three pairs of earrings, two PMC pieces, a diagonal stitched Tila bracelet, and a freshwater pearl memory wire bracelet that I am donating for a charity auction. Over the next few days, I expect to update my blog frequently...it's not like I have anything better to do! I guess you win some, you lose some - I can't eat solid foods but I can make a million pieces of jewelry with my new found down-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment