Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

I Love Custom Orders!

Mother's Day Present

My new kiln has allowed me to ramp up my PMC production just in time for Mother's Day! The week prior, I received several request for custom pieces and this is one of my favorites. This piece consists of three charms, hand-stamped, with the names of one mother's three children. What a perfect Mother's Day gift! This project was not very difficult to complete, thanks to the AlphaDisc lettering system from Cool Tools, as well as my wonderful SpeedFire Electric Mini! I wholeheartedly endorse both products...I could rave about them for days! Personalized pieces have never been so easy to create!




Alicia's Puzzle Piece
 Pictured left is another fun custom order I had the pleasure to complete. I thought this was a super-awesome idea and had so much fun making it! A little-known fact about me is that I love putting puzzles together, so I have a ton on my game shelf. To shape this charm, I grabbed a puzzle piece from one that I had already put together, coated it with a thin layer of olive oil, and cut it out using the Cool Tools ultrafine pick. I used a template to cut out the heart in the middle and then sanded, fired, and polished like normal. I am so happy with the way it turned out!


Custom orders are great because they challenge me to create something that I probably wouldn't have attempted on my own. I am always surprised when they turn out well! It seems like with a few basic tools and some imagination, you can create anything you want! Orders like this are also a perfect way to figure out the kinds of things that people like to wear, which enables you to make things that appeal to a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment